View Single Post
Old 02-3-2018, 09:19 AM   #4
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: [University - Engrish] Feedback On My Report Please?

honestly i feel like alot of things are irrelevant or are like, meaningless statements. ill just be straightforward with an example:

ex. 1
Quote:
When I heard about this I started using an app called Twilight on my phone at least an hour before bed that turns off the blue pixels of my smartphone’s screen but still allows the other colored pixels to light up. Since I started using Twilight, I fall asleep more quickly. I hope to either find a job in a laboratory setting to help with research or perhaps a clinical setting.

To me, this is like, a very stark transition between ideas. Just things like this in general - I find with writing, it's better to be concise, and have every statement matter. You just need to work on your transitions and such I feel, I dunno

I personally would have like, written about how many applications in general are developed for things like this, and then briefly mentioned the specific one you used.. I'm getting too distracted but then you could like, transition into what you want to do by saying how despite application development being blah blah blah, you would rather work in a laboratory setting because... etc

edit: With writing, just think of it like this - every single sentence or statement should have an explicit reason for being there, and actually add something to the topic.

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 02-3-2018 at 09:26 AM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote