View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #19
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: 9th (and 10th?) Official Tournament -- D7 (and others?) Format Change?

I almost feel like my opinion isn't called for because I am no where near a high level of FFR, but having played in both formats for DDR I have an opinion about it all the same.

Round Robin is great for one you are in a situation where you are competing with another person's scores. This is because of the weakness that you've stated in the OP and how it wouldn't totally apply to another opponent. However, this tourny is more of a free for all, with a set number of people advancing. Elim makes sense in this setting since the better players will naturally move up, while the lower players will be lower on the list; there isn't the excuse of "well that one guy had that one skill" when you are comparing to the whole.

Also---for me at least---I love the thrill of "OMG any round I could lose" and I always enter to see how far I can make it through. Shoot, I'll join a game I suck at just to see what happens. I could see where that isn't a proper reason to vote no for this, but that along with the above reasons is why I picked no

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote