Thread: Ricochet Voting
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 11:18 PM   #5
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Ricochet Voting

1 - I want to say this is a meme file but a lot of it suggests a less experienced stepper. Ignoring the awful difficulty curve, the biggest issue is not setting up the layering to properly contrast different sounds and sections, like a super quiet section with all jumps/hands.

2 - Fairly tasteful easier file. The layering switch from the synth to percussion early on is way too harsh given the synth is still running. I also found weird how a note was omitted in the ending of each repetition of that recurring synth phrase. Lastly, that section with all jumps was pretty weak (kinda jarring given how good the rest of the file is).

3 - Lots of small mistakes and very unfortunate layering choices. Nothing egregious but overall quite underwhelming.

4 - PR-wise it is a bit wonky and sometimes too literal. Also unnecessarily rigid patterning at times and has some random missed notes. Still very solid and with a clean structure, just lacks an extra push to make it more enjoyable to actually play.

5 - Very questionable decisions in the transitions and fills, and the random split jumptrill is particularly jarring. There's actually some cool ideas going on with the chart, but the execution was weak.

6 - Clean file, though it has some rough spots. My main issue with the approach taken to the section with the grace notes (aside from the last iteration at the very ending with reduced layering). Other than that I just feel it lacks something to make it stand out, everything was serviceable but nothing was particularly great.

7 - Weird cut with the point in the song that chart starts. Not bad by any means but overly simplified for the sake of making an easier file. Also has some weird omitted notes though I guess it makes more sense than in the other files.

8 - Nice meme

Definitely going with 2, though 4 and 6 aren't too far off. Hope it gets some extra polish later as I think it'll make for a great file.
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote