View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #19
Trogdor!!!!
Forever
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Survey: Define "good" music.

Cool

0. What is/are your favorite genre(s)?
Post-Hardcore and every form of Electronic music.

1a. What do you consider good music, either in general or in concrete examples?
Music with a good beat or melody, and catchy vocals. lol 1a
1b. How about bad music?
I don't know why I don't like rap. I'm pretty sure it's because 80% of it has some of the stupidest fucking lyrics I've ever heard in my life. As for the other 20%, I like the lyrics and what they stand for, but I still can't listen to it. Country I dislike because I hate every Country singers voice. Pop is just bad in general, it doesn't need an explanation.

2. Are you biased against some genres because of the fans they tend to attract?
Not really. All I have to do is not act like them and I'm good.

3a. Do you make assumptions about fans of particular genres?
I don't make assumptions, unless trying to generalize the types of people who listen to that type of music counts as assuming.
3b. What are some of the stereotypes you are familiar with?
I can't think of any right now because it's 2:30 in the morning.
3c. What stereotypes exist about fans of your preferred genre?
Electronic I have no idea. Post-Hardcore (screamo pretty much): Every person that listens to it is either emo or something similar.

4. What role does a band/artist/genre's popularity play in your like or dislike for them/hir/it?
Absolutely none whatsoever. I don't care if the entire continent knows the song by heart.

5. Do you think you have good taste in music?
Not really considering that a very small portion of the places I've lived listen to the same music I do.

6. How objective do you think you are when you judge music?
Extremely.

7. Do you judge artists/bands on their entire body of work, or on a song-by-song basis?
The second one.

8. Do you consider your choice of music part of your identity, image or public persona?
Kind of. All I wear is band t-shirts from Hot Topic so I guess.

9. Have you ever made choices in music based on what your peers might think of you? (For example, do you avoid a certain genre because your friends think it is without merit? Do you listen to genres you don't particularly like because your friends like them?, etc.)
Nope.

10a. How do you feel/react when someone states an opinion contrary to yours regarding music in general?
I can't argue with them because not everyone has the same taste in music.

10b. What about particular songs/artists/genres?
See 10a.

11. Do you have formal musical training? (Such as receiving singing lessons, playing an instrument, etc.)
Nope.

12. Who influences your choice of music most? How do you find new music? Through which channels? Through advertising/word of mouth/YouTube/reviews/other?
Last.fm and Youtube

13a. Have your tastes or preferences changed over time?
Nope.
13b. If not, why not?
Because I tried listening to every genre, and I don't like a large majority of music.
13c. If yes, in what way?

14. Anything you'd like to add on this subject? Any other questions you wish I'd posed?
FUCK YEAH KORS K.
Trogdor!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote