View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 04:41 PM   #917
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 610: Norman Fucking Rockwell by Lana Del Rey

Like I said before, the 5 year anniversary special is still being worked on! At the rate I'm working it'll be lucky to be a 5.5 year anniversary special, but to be honest do you care? Who reads these things? And what I have planned is peak self-indulgence so really, it's obvious that just like this thread I'm doing this for myself. But stay tuned, the two of you who check this thread, for the special surprise I have planned!

Anyways, I haven't listened to a Lana album since Ultraviolence. I remember how she went from some kinda Pitchfork hype to melon backlash to slowly regaining respect and now apparently she's /mu/bae again? Whatever, the strange thing is is that I still enjoy Ultraviolence which coincides with Fantano's angriest moments. I pull it out less than once per year, fair, but it definitely is a fun, fun album full of cheese and pomp. I described it as sounding like "a made-for-TV collaboration between early David Lynch and John Waters" and I stand by that... god I miss Puerto Rico. Where has the time gone?

Anyways, this album is good, but I don't like it as much. It's comparatively very subdued, with a whole lotta tracks of just pure piano ballads. The first 5 or so tracks are great, but eventually it just turns into WAY too many ballads over and over again. Are they bad? No! Do they get boring in such abundance? Yes! Cut this down to, like, two-thirds or less and it'd be a great album. Nonetheless, I will probably return to this once in a damn while, because when it's on, it's ON.

Best Track: Venice Bitch
Rating: 6.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote