View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 01:23 PM   #625
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2017 albums halp

Day 431: Black Origami by Jlin

The origami elephant was a fitting artwork choice, as this is easily one of the most tribal-sounding IDM releases I've ever heard. What the fuck is jungle anyways?

Wait, Holy Child was co-composed by fucking William Basinski? Hot damn I would never have guess. That was pretty easily the most melodic track I've heard thus far. This whole thing is mostly fast drum loops and warped vocal samples. Compared to most other (mostly-)amelodic IDM I've heard, this one doesn't seem to wanna impress you by showing how they can make the drums go fast. Instead, there's an intense pressure on you to feel those slight changes, which works really well for tracks like Carbon 7 (161) and 1% (goddamn that's a fucking banger). Never Created, Never Destroyed is another highlight, but it's a bit of an outlier. Yet it's so samey. This album is basically half-boring, half-bangers. Yet it's all so samey, what a conundrum. Well, consistency and flow are important to an album, aren't they? I judge thusly.

Also I forgot to mention just how weird those first few seconds are. They're weird as fuck. I don't like them.

Best Track: 1%
Rating: 6.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 12-27-2017 at 01:46 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote