reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: How to pronounce 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
umad?

[opinion]Saying "two-thousand" instead of "twenty" is more formal. [/opinion]

And plus, that's Wikipedia...you're trying to prove a point with that?

[opinion]Did you pronounce the year 2000 as "twenty hundred"? No, it's "two-thousand". Adding more years to it means you add that number to the end of it. [/opinion]

EDIT: You used Wikipedia as a works cited for a research paper? Wow around here, you'd get an automatic zero on anything you used Wikipedia with.
Ok, it was a report from sophomore year in high school. I used other sources as well. Plus, the link I provided was from Wiktionary, not Wikipedia. Plus, I know how to use Wikipedia properly. Every article has a history tab, discussion board, and numerous references. Wikipedia can be used as a good source if used cautiously and effectively. (Don't make me post my paper about Wikipedia as a reliable source.) Plus, I don't get your quote: "[opinion]Did you pronounce the year 2000 as "twenty hundred"? No, it's "two-thousand". Adding more years to it means you add that number to the end of it. [/opinion]." I don't think you understand my point. I was trying to get across that in the pre-2000's, we would never say the entire year as if it was a regular number. My main point is that we say numbers differently for different occasions and that we should be consistent with the pronunciation. We have been using the XXYY model for year pronunciation but this recent X thousand and YYY model is creating inconsistencies.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote