View Single Post
Old 07-6-2018, 09:04 PM   #13
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Entropy Gain for per-receptor NPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
Yes with the latter part of my post you can assume the same as noted in the former, or better yet just a fairly equal note distribution for all four notes. Barring bullshit like anchors or one hand trills or patterning that trivializes the section almost entirely (like a giant roll), the stream would still likely have a slight edge in difficulty. I'd be willing to bet there's a considerably larger amount of D7+ players that can maintain better PA on 250 dense js over 375 streaming, despite equal nps.
The thing is that you discard the "harder" and "easier" variations of patterns we know (streams, jumpstreams, etc) to keep some kind of middleground difficulty and you then generalize the comparison of said patterns by saying that overall, streams are harder than js at x fps. I'm not Totally refusing the idea, but the problem is that the middleground you speak of can be composed of such an large number of combinations that the comparision becomes subjective and hardly defined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
op ily but i'm very confused (and i disagree wholeheartedly with the second quote; many difficulty algorithms largely rooted in nps to calc difficulty failed because they couldn't account for wild difficulty swings for charts at the same bpm due to incredibly lenient or extremely abrasive patterning)
It's ok to disagree ! My goal is to explain my ideas as best as I can, and discuss alternatives.

I just want to mention again that although I only talk about nps, there are Many metrics that can be extracted with that. What I mean with "judging with patterns" is any approach that tries to match hardcoded patterns in a file (kinda like a regex) and applies metrics to that; I believe it can never take into account every pattern and variation, as opposed to nps metrics that can model speed and hand bias in a way that englobes all possibilities.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote