View Single Post
Old 03-3-2018, 05:44 PM   #8
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Charts For X Girlz (Release)

The pack doesn't have much in terms of nuance but at least the song selection works in your favor in that regard.

I know this is a straight convert from o!m maps but in any case, the noodle fest in some files becomes noise with stepmania mechanics: you can ignore most of the freezes except from some random longer ones.

Only charts I actually enjoyed were Hell for Frandle, Otsukimi PARTY HARD and Sacrifice for Justice. The other ones are serviceable aside from C18H27NO3(extend) and Transciever FX which were actually bad (way to open and close your pack dude).

Considering how small the pack is I'll make a short review of each file:

C18H27NO3(extend): Repetitive and the amount of downtime difficulty-wise makes playing through this a chore given its length (pls cut). Maybe it'd be less bad if the freezes made any difference in sm but as it is, the chart is alternating between zzz and jumptrillable burts, plus the small js section in the middle.

Corpse Party: The main chordjack section doesn't fit the song at all (though I'm a degenerate and enjoy playing it anyway) and everything after is filler (pls cut).

Cyclamen Purpurascens: Unremarkable.

Hell for Frandle: Good use of jacks and overall nice structure. My only issue is that one section with the longer jacks, even with a light layering those become disproportionally hard at this speed.

Intro (from the X): Unsurprisingly given the song, feels like a chart that never actually starts. The chart itself is ok.

Ofcourse You Need and nEed nad neEd and neeD and NEED ME? (reprise): Ok as a practice file.

Otsukimi PARTY HARD: By far the best file in the pack. Good song selection, fun patterns and good difficulty structure.

Sacrifice for Justice: Ideal length for a chart like this. Good fun with bursts and nice build-up. The spike in the very ending might be a bit too much, but it's not enough to ruin the file.

Squake: Would be cool without the freezes and a cut.

Subterranean Spiral: Would be ok without the freezes.

Transciever FX: And a retarded spike to finish up with style!

AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote