View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 04:57 PM   #86
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: How long have you gone w/o sleep? Tell me your stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post

Damn I was pretty level-headed back then

For about a year up until the time of this story I'd been addicted to amphetamines / speed and would only sleep 4 or 5 nights a week. I work weekdays and would often go to work, stay up all night gaming, go to work the next day, then crash hard and be nodding off at work the following day. Over time it got easier to do this and still function at work which was NOT a good thing because then things just escalated. Two days while working without sleep turned into three etc. The worst of it was this past May when I stayed up from a Thursday to Monday morning all while drinking, snorting speed, taking MDMA, and Xanax to come down. After the Thursday I had stopped eating and I planned to call in sick to work on Monday around 8am because I knew my body was saying enough is enough. I took my last Xanax and ended up passing out just before 8am. Throughout the day my boss called my cell phone which was sitting right next to my face on vibrate but I wasn't waking up. By the afternoon my boss got worried and called my mother who was my emergency contact. My parents knew about my drug problem and decided to check on me. I woke up at 3pm to my dad banging on my back door yelling my name with urgency in his voice. I stumbled out of bed still really groggy from the Xanax and opened the door. My dad and my sister were both there, my dad's eyes were full of fear and my sister was crying. They thought they were going to find me dead. My mom had been too afraid to go with them. I'm actually thankful this all happened because it made me realize how close to the brink I was. I've since been working my way back out of the woods.

tl;dr my new "PB" is 96 hours and I have no interest in topping that. Also don't do drugs to stay awake.
wow, i'm glad you're working your way back out of the woods man