View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
Thatskier
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Thatskier Send a message via Skype™ to Thatskier
Default Re: Survey: Define "good" music.

0.) Favorite Genres: Indie (Death Cab for Cutie), All forms of electronic (house, dub, progressive you name it), psychedelic rock (MGMT), blues, classic rock, classic funk, new age rock, country, 90s music (Bare Naked Ladies, Counting Crows, Smash Mouth), 80s music (Talking Heads ect ect), 70s, 60s (Dire Straights ect ect), Old school Hip-hop (jurassic 5, atmostpher), pop, alternative, rap.

1a.) I consider good music to have good instrumentals with a fair about of lyrics or good lyrics with a fair about of instrumentals (Dave Mathews Band).

1b.) Hard Metal and Screemo

2.) Yeah look at hard metal heads and people who like screemo

3a.) No i see it from the media (which can be made up, but after seeing recurring evidence i believe it)
3b.) Screemo people enjoy other hardstyle things like tongue piercings and drugs.

4.) Say smooth rock like Dave Mathews Band or Jack Johnson - we are flaming and old people music

5.) I do i have a wide range of preferred genres as seen above.

6.) I dont think i really am, i play instruments i understand music

7.) I try to string song by song before i hit the entire body of work. Many artists make different albums through the years to appeal to new crowds and try knew things (look at Maroon 5)

8.) I think it shows im open to new things. I wouldn't go so far as to getting tattoos over it or being an artistic hipster-type person.

9.) Nope my friends hate it when i listen to some good ol country

10a&b.) We can agree to disagree.

11.) The piano and singing

12.) My older brother used to alot, now its pandora, grooveshark, explorin the youtube

13 in general.) They have not changed, they have expanded i still like the music i did many years ago along with the music i like now. Im an open person.

14.) Everyone should give other music a shot. Music is a huge representation of culture and if you cant even give a different genre one listen to because of your stereo-typical bigotry then you should probably go live in a cave.
Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5 D1A: 1st Place

The Tournament of Immortality D1: 3rd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Let's put it this way: This file is fun.
Thatskier is offline   Reply With Quote