View Single Post
Old 03-2-2011, 12:09 PM   #3212
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Scores ~2011 Remix~

false, someone who's able to AAA DP is definitely capable of AAA'ing excite bike, but this obviously isn't true when the songs are reversed

this is clearly an extreme example because the difficulties of both files are extremely far apart, but there you can still objectively determine that DP is more difficult than EB

if I lessen the gap to two songs like Horizon Remix and Vertex Beta, everyone can still pretty much agree that VB is the more difficult of the two files

my point is, even when it gets to the point where gaps between two songs are extremely miniscule, there should still be a way of objectively determining which song is more difficult than the other...and I understand that some people find bursts more difficult than fast jumpstream and others find jacks more difficult than runningmen, and vice versa, but I think songs should be compared to other songs containing similar patterns requiring similar skillsets and then raised or lowered to the appropriate difficulty by comparing the difficulty to one or two other songs in the game as a base

I'm in class right now and I probably worded this terribly because I'm trying to listen to the prof at the same time so I'll rewrite this later with what I'm thinking (it makes total sense to me and eliminates as much subjectivity as possible from rating difficulty levels)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno