View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 10:53 PM   #51
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Default Re: New FFR Features ?

You could also have a tournament where there are multiple song choices, but the harder songs produce a higher score. Then everyone competes in the same round at the same time without being bored with super-easy files until you get to the round you can't handle.

The structure can always be tweaked to satisfy a wide range of skills in a single tournament - divisions are certainly not a requirement for that. We just have to think outside of the box. For hardware prizes, maybe you could have 1 entry into a prize pool with each round you survive? Rewards for most levels gained during a tournament? I'm sure there are other ways we can think of without being bound by divisions. For the tokens, maybe they should be locked to top 50, top 100, top 200, top 300, etc. If the token charts are of a difficulty appropriate for the skill to attain them, it would make more logical sense. Meme files like vRofl maybe have other, more imaginative requirements.

I don't know what the best solution is, but I think there are ways to ditch divisions and have an engaged player base. Every OT, Round 1 new Files get like 250 plays and that halves over the course of four rounds. And 8 weeks is super long. Maybe a shorter, division-less non-elim with a ranked final standings would be more engaging?

Last edited by TheSaxRunner05; 09-18-2019 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: Word fix
TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote