View Single Post
Old 12-1-2017, 02:42 PM   #252
star-crossed
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG Championship Season 4 Representative Selection (vote for alternate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Your reads were good, but I don't think you opened up nearly as enough worlds to consider.

There were a lot of worlds going on in that game. Didn't help that some players decided not to be friendly and or just outright rude.

I feel I won that not because of how I played, but because of the stupid drama that happened. I don't know... maybe I will play there again, I just... two times in a row now it's been soured by something.

First with Glore (and I think another player straight up lying about their actions when they were town). Now idrc being an absolute ass and not solving the game while my partner takes advantage of idrc being an ass and attacks me with personal shit (just to get distance).

Don't feel like my win is deserved, but I did have a bit of fun once all the drama stopped.
I definitely felt uncomfortable for a lot of the game, with how rude people were being. I was pretty frustrated by Cookie insulting me and not wanting to explain anything, especially on the first day, so I think I got kind of lucky that they were a mason and they changed their mind about me, or it could have been a bigger mess. I think you deserved to win though. You did very well in the situation that you were given, I think, and fooled basically everybody for the whole game. You are a very tricky bird.

I am not sure I totally get what you mean by "worlds", but I do think that I spent most of the game being too narrowly focused on town players like DarkBoru, Sole Survivor, Clara and idrc. At least with Sole, I figured out that I should probably trust them. I think I may have gotten to a similar place with at least one of the the latter two if we had not died so early, and started to focus more on other possibilities. I kind of wonder, if Souren had made less creepy faces in their posts, if I would have focused on them more before they died.

In addition to DarkManticore fooling me with how he was talking about the other Manticore, I had the idea that if you two were aligned with Souren, it would not be a good strategy for you to both be sussing each other, since other people were mostly trusting you and it would just draw extra attention to both of you. Your slight suspicion of him on Day 1, seemed like a really genuine thought to me (which kind of makes sense now, since you actually knew he was a mafia) but how I thought of it at the time was that you were a town whether he was or not. And with the drama later on, I did not think there was any way you would be so mad as a mafia, and especially if it was with Souren (though it makes sense now that you explain it). I had a lot of trouble finding other town that I could trust in this one, because in many cases the town people really did not seem to care about the game as much as the mafia. Maybe, to get better, I just need to play more games, so I will have more examples of how the mafia are acting.
star-crossed is offline   Reply With Quote