View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #23
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: i dont see the appeal of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonpapes View Post
having a factory or another hunter kill it for you. dress the meat and remains. deal with a corpse of an animal to get the bits I wanted.
Those are a lot of the reasons right there

1) It's hard work. Dealing with the corpse/butchering of the meat is a big job and physically demanding for larger animals. Actually shooting the animal can be tough, I've shot a rifle and the recoil sent me back a bit, but finding an animal and not letting it get away etc and all of the preparations you have to do. It takes many hours/days of work from start to finish

2) Actually seeing the animal go from living to dead would bring a feeling of "is this really worth it to me?". I got that feeling about eating meat in general so I stopped, but I think it's easier to turn your brain off and almost forget what meat is when you got it at a store. When you hunt there's no way to do that and you're really faced with the morality of your actions. I just don't get how someone can feel good about killing another creature, I don't see the appeal in doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is online now   Reply With Quote