Thread: FFR Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 03-6-2018, 11:15 PM   #2470
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: FFR Suggestions

it's an implementation as a willpower button. I'd rather look at ways to make credits actually worth caring about. Having 150k and not spending it and having 150k and not spending it via pushing a button that makes it look like you have 150k less than you do are basically the same thing.

I'm more concerned with how we want to look at the current grind to fully unlock songs. It's a little over 300,000 credits to be able to play everything, where "everything" is an additional what, 177 songs out of 2,125?

And by the time you've gotten 300k credits from actual gameplay, a good chunk of the songs you've unlocked are like...play once for the AAA if you even care about AAAs and not just your skill level from top 15 songs.

That's why I keep trying to get at whether people's suggestions are specifically about wanting credits to mean something, or about general desires for game things, or about, since credits exist, feeling like steps need to be taken to justify their existence.

Like, RATO is publicly available but clearly signposted that it is really hard and not for casual playing, and it's been played by 26,644 people, over 200,000 times.

Conversely, ==Planet KARMA== which is the end goal of the Secret genre has been played by only 1,326 people and been played only 19,000 times. More individual people have played RATO than the total gameplays for all players combined on KARMA. And Karma is the older song by about 100 songs.

So to me it seems more pointful to evaluate how the system works at all from a core perspective of "Are purchased/Secret songs even DOING anything useful?"

Last edited by devonin; 03-6-2018 at 11:31 PM..
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote