View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #807
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Day 525: I Am > I Was by 21 Savage

The copy I have of this is very slightly misordered (is that's word? I'm not googling), putting the opener as the third track instead. I think I prefer it this way, mainly because the stupid-yet-infectious A&T works as a much better second track due to immediate juxtaposition while feeling oddly jarring placed as third.

Anyways, I came into this with supremely low expectations, but color me surprised, I actually enjoyed this more than Astroworld and Die Lit. Some tracks would benefit from a more aggressive delivery, but most fit his rapping style very well, and considering I actually somewhat enjoyed Childish Gambino's feature in Monster I feel obligated to say the features are great. Variety is indeed the spice of life.

There were some tracks I didn't enjoy, although strangely the banger attempts are more hit-or-miss than the more personal cuts, and some of the lyrics are ass-stupid ("I want you to suck me like you suckin' your thumb" what the fuck lol) but overall this is remarkably consistent without really getting boring.

I told yall 525 was gonna suck. Also I fucked up the capitalization.

Best Track: Monster or Ball Without You although I'd rather hear A&T in the club
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote