PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon101001 View Post
(hope this doesnt get lost xD)
I noticed that in the filters section that theres only one. so is this just the filter section? there should be grade filters like this..
1 to 99

Show:
[] AAA
[] AA
[] A
[] B
[] C
[] D
[] E
[] Unplayed
In other words, pros that have AAA on half of the song would probably hate having it if they touch the random button.
Also id like the ability to control the bars leinency, as im literally capable of passing anything over 75 by button mashing. Also by giving the option to make it more strict, it can help people get a better reading of their level and/or have a challenge. Generally, by changing these settings it will be like a dynamic autofail. Since this wouldnt effect scores very much it is a good addition.
Good suggestion! I have been toying with the idea of a "smart" random song feature for a while. I would like a feature that took one's skill rating and a "leniency" factor into consideration, to select a song on a particular rate. I know such a feature would cut down on the amount of time I regularly spend scrolling through the song selection screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickufully View Post
Just a random thought while in class, there could be some sort of pop-up post-game if your score exceeds your skill level or is just generally good for your skill level(AAA or high AA).

E.g. You are D1 and manage a clean SDG on a 20+ song. Post game there is a pop-up that could share the image to the FFR forums or to social media.

Same would go for any skill level, like a D6 scoring a AAA on a 85+ or something. I don't know how this would exactly work and I'm kinda going off course from my original idea but it would be nice for newer players to be able to brag and introduce them to the forums since there aren't many new players that post.

Maybe the introduction of new sub-forums under brag board for the images to be automatically uploaded to. Like D1-2, D3-4, D5-6 and D7. I dunno. JUST WORK WITH ME HERE!!!

Yes, I also just realised that this probably requires some complex algorithm for it to judge a good score from your skill rating but I just like the idea.

ALSO, completely off topic but why is there a 'rate' category under the 'recently played' song on the FP? I always thought that rates other than 1x were never saved.
Integrating skill rating into the song results screen is the next big project of mine! Your post gives me some good ideas for that project. It really wouldn't be difficult to determine what a "good score" worth highlighting is. I will be sure to leave more updates here on the progress of more detailed song results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
To prevent new threads in the birthday forum every year: Have a thread for every day of the year, record who has a birthday on each day, and just rattle off who started their journey on that date. Then the only updating will consist of celebrating how many times each person's done it.
I view birthday threads as something personal and thoughtful, like a birthday card signed by the community. I think it would be impersonal to automate that. Do you disagree? I hope I'm not misunderstanding what you are suggesting.
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote