View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Help me pick the right class! -Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatskier View Post
Well... seeing all the comments for BC without any real evidence of pros to it as i see my cons still outweigh it (i literally have so many after school activities #derp).

If i take BC junior year ill have nothing for senior year which is gonna kill if i don't take a calc class before college. Ill just take BC senior year so ill be straight up prepared right when i hit college. Every kid at my school said our Calc BC teacher will fail you if you take it before AB first anyways....
BC Calculus is essentially AB Calc with extra topics dealing with integration, convergence of series, and parameterization. It is worth your time since you will be paying $83 for two semesters worth of college math instead of one. And even if you do "poorly" on the exam, you will receive an AB subscore that determines what you would've gotten if you took the AB exam. Colleges are very lenient when it comes to BC Calculus because it is seen as a difficult subject. Some will offer you the full 8 credits by scoring a 3 on the BC Calc exam alone.

It's also foolish to take both AB and BC Calculus throughout high school since you will be covering the same material twice. Any BC Calc teacher who fails you because you haven't taken AB is foolish.
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote