Thread: FFR Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 03-6-2015, 09:34 PM   #2283
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

The R^3 engine is my go-to engine. It has been my favorite engine since the moment I tried it. It is flawless, save for one thing. The "song search" feature.

In my opinion, the Velocity engine had the best search function:

Among the things I enjoyed in this engine, your could:

- Hide songs you had already FC'd / AAA'd
- Hide specific difficulties of songs
- Classigy songs by length
- Use "random" among a certain classification you chose
- Combine classifications (for example: Hide every songs I FC'd lower than difficulty 12 and shorter than 1 minute)
- Categorize songs in alphabetical order of stepper
- Categorize songs by song ID (aka date of release) and easily switch from oldest to recent or vice versa

None of these features seems present in the R^3 engine. Often times, I either have to have the velocity engine opened in another tab, or the whole song list to perform searches on songs I want to play. I like using the random button in R^3, but it's hard to score on new files when you can't classify your song choices before hitting random.

The only feature from the previous list that's in R^3 is the song ID classification (using "All"), but you have to click "1501-1889", then scroll all the way down every time to get to the more recent songs:

While this function works well enough, I can't help but think that there has to be a more elegant way to classify songs in the R^3 engine. The Filter option is useful to focus on songs only in a certain difficulty interval, but is clearly limited when compared to the velocity engine.

TL;DR: I don't know if something like this has already been suggested, or is already in the works for the R^3 engine, but I think a search feature similar to the one found in the Velocity engine should be implemented in the R^3 engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote