View Single Post
Old 06-29-2023, 02:03 PM   #6
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Any Other Authors on Here? I Desperately Need Advice!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
Leave time and writing out of it, get out of comfort and seek new life experiences, trespass yourself a bit (enter that one shop you have no interest in, hunt frogs on a rainy day idk). Point is you'll get back with something without knowing it.

Also would be best to know where exactly the hang-up happens. I prefer beginnings, you might prefer endings. Maybe start there. Just get creative with the story shape; start wherever, lead wherever. Truth is, some just call a hundred page worth of midpoint character exploration a "short story", so you might want to loosen the notion of the format itself.

Not an author, but I do author.
I second this too.

"Motivation" does not exist, but there are ways to help yourself get out of a rut. There is evidence in neuroscience literature that suggests that clearing your mind and letting it wander (stimulating your Default Mode Network), or otherwise disengaging from writing and taking a break to do something else, are great ways to boost creativity and reignite your desire to express yourself.

Creativity comes from the blending and reconfiguring of mental schema. Unique experiences give you opportunities to reinterpret, reroute, and reappropriate information in the context of the larger cognitive system. Doing something novel or weird allows you to weave another thread through the tapestry of your mind, resulting in the construction of new mental associations. This is called "insight."

Insight is often an exciting feeling and can help get you back to the keyboard in a good mood.

EDIT: This is the basis of "shower thoughts", if you've ever heard of that. I often come up with my best ideas when I'm lying in bed trying to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic

Last edited by DaBackpack; 06-29-2023 at 02:07 PM..
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote