View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #53
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: My depersonalization over the last year

They didn't stem from using K2 although I've had synthetic cannabinoids a few times (depersonalization is always visited in varying levels of intensity when using them). I've had the issues ever since highschool and have been struggling with dealing with them and finding ways to numb or distract things too. Smoking a lot of weed at first was great but it soon became both an antidote and a poison. I thought that it helped episodes of depersonalization but it actually just consumed me deeper and made the episodes feel more meditative and escapist.

I never really had a problem with an addiction to it that lasted (I would never physically give into MOST compulsions, and time and time again when I did, I would regret it either immediately or after), but perceived psychological dependence is huge. Your mind puts words in it's own mouth. Even if it doesn't, it feels like you should reach out to use it for a reason that you will come up with. At least with me, it manifested in a lot of irrationalities, any psychological compulsion. I had a perception of what the drug was, and the perception was false.

With that feeling that I NEED something to fill a mental gap, it would start the cycle of moods spinning around like crazy. Not having anything to vent the feeling towards gets me wanting to abuse something, and drawing with music helps expel the feeling well. Everyone's got a thing for that.

Anyhow as you might be able to tell my attention span is short still lol. Honestly that's a huge part of depressive mood swings, my attention span is so short, that I don't even have a capacity to create thoughts that can convince me that there's anything other than the negative moods. I don't know if you can relate to any of this but I figured I'd vent about it all the same

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote