Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #89
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad
Default Re: Simfile Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlo View Post
It might be easier to set up some kind of forum or something for communication, since there's now four of us involved in the project. I don't know if it would be possible to all get on AIM at the same time, lol.

From what I gathered in this thread, the new site shouldn't be a new community, but I agree that using a PHP forum like vBulletin could simplify the membership process. That's what Bemanistyle does. But I'm not sure how easy that is to implement. I have previously written a simple membership system in PHP, with the ability for different membership levels, but it would need to be fleshed out further (there's no password reset system, for example).

I agree that we shouldn't make people register just to download.
I went ahead and already started out test site. It was actually pretty easy to implement the PHP forum, and I actually think it IS vBulletin.

And this host is actually pretty good, I think we should look into sticking with this host for awhile. I'll get the information for the site, including access to the CP so we can start making some progress.