View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Starcraft 2 Tourney

3v3 and 4v4 need more teamwork than macro or micro because when there's 4 people attacking you at same time it doesn't matter if you micro well or got that big army, you're going to get wiped if your allies do nothing. I also feel like it's more friendly because you're not directly targeted during the game. 1v1 is obviously the best choice in terms of gameplay but those matches usually results in lol mad cheesing or more serious games so, depending of what kind of people we get here, this tournament should get oriented to what actually the majority of people feels like playing? Well, basically I'm saying that there should be some kind of pool here asking people what kind of tournament they want to do. It's FFR, not a SC2 forum I'm not sure we have enough SC2 players to actually put restrictions but yeah I'm open to whatever you do. 2v2 is a good middle between skills and teamwork and FFA is pure lol turtle and very easy to get unfair on(lol betrayal and teaming better players) so, I highly don't suggest it but It's definitely something fun to do once in a while if there's a lot of people online.

tldr;

1v1: Timing (How fast you can make the right army and use it efficiently)
2v2: Timing + Teamwork
3v3: Teamwork
4v4: Teamwork
FFA: I-hope-they'll-forget-I-exist-so-I-can-stab-the-last-guy-mania.

I would suggest some custom 1v1 obs games as a first tournament to give an idea of where everyone really stands (I'm both bronze and diamond oops and leagues are almost meaningless but it's the best measure without playing that can give an idea).

For a real choice of maps you should consider checking out what the other hosts are doing in SC2 forums or maybe using some pre-made maps.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 03-19-2011 at 04:28 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote