View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #573
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 365 Reviews Done

Day 398: Velocity : Design : Comfort by Sweet Trip (Album Choice: HitlerWasRight)

Your choice of username is fucking awful edgelord bullshit not because it's offensive (it's not) but because it's stupidly predictable and tired, that has no bearing on my expectations for this album though. Onto the music.

First track vaguely reminds me of M83 but a lot more aggressive and danceable. Both of those are good things. Oh wait, here's vocals. Yeah, these guys sound like shoegaze singers alright. Pretty obvious dynamic, but this is infinitely less sexy and more dancey than any shoegaze I've ever listened to, the former a negative, the latter a positive. What? I'm an ETard I suppose.

Actually, if Velocity is anything to go by, this has a strange similarity to that Beat Therapy album I listened to pretty recently, albeit a lot more chaotic and with an obvious band feel. I should add that album to RYM it's pretty good. The textures on this album are great, going beyond both most shoegaze albums and many IDM albums to give off a sense of real diversity.

Yeah this is a fire album not much else to say besides some tracks like International are straight up boring filler. Your username is still ass.

Best Track: Chocolate Matter
Rating: 8/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote