View Single Post
Old 04-6-2016, 11:10 PM   #423
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Read My Reviews

Day 310: Weezer by Weezer (Album Choice: Hazel H.)

This is referring to The Blue Album specifically. I've listened to The Green Album and Raditude in full, because I guess I'm a masochist. But these guys definitely know how to write a pop song. Just, can they write a full album? I don't know. Those albums left a really unfairly sour taste in my mouth.

Of the three songs I recognize by name, I fully and unashamedly enjoy Buddy Holly and Say It Ain't So and I forget most of The Sweater Song. These first two songs are fucking garbage, through and through. Is this considered one of their best releases? I'm not gonna look because I feel that will shape my expectations, I'm not sure if it's the red or blue one that's more acclaimed. But yeah, these songs sound like a 13 year old's first garage band, except now that 13 year old is 25 and going through his quarter life crisis and digging up his childhood. Just awful.

It gets better after that, especially the singles. They're not deep or anything, but they're extremely catchy, which is what power pop should be. Oh yeah, I do recognize The Sweater Song. They also can write a good, slightly emo riff for sure. Or they could up until whenever they started losing their marbles.

An okay album. The singles are the best songs by a wide margin.

Best Track: The Sweater Song
Rating: 6/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote