View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 08:25 PM   #18
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXIII Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I've debated whether or not I was going to chastise blind for claiming that to Haku when just about any other player would've been a safer choice of confidant, and I did say it was a bad idea in deadchat, but I think I've since reconsidered. I cannot fault someone for assuming that another player would not blow up a check like that for no real reason despite Haku's history.
After reading the setup with all the orbs + tracker, I concluded that the best wolf play was to create a red check scenario on a wolf to dissociate another wolf from being a wolf.
The idea was to create a scenario where you can dodge all the seer checks/roleblock/vigi shots.

I spent the entire game thinking Blind was either the tracker or a wolf after he claimed to me. I didn't consider the wait valuable and I wanted to throw this claim as fast as possible on the table to produce interactions.
I don't think Charu was going to be caught red-handed in any way by the time Blind was planning to claim so, I saw this like a waste of time compared to letting everyone know.

I decided to be selfish and throw myself into this to see if the real Tracker would notice my fake claim, but Roundbox never talked to me at that point and I ended up concluding that Blind was really the tracker.
I also ended up chatting with Charu because I wanted to solve the potential unlikely world where Blind is a wolf doing a red check and also the possible Charu/Blind W/W because red check N0 Charu felt too good to be true to me.

I eventually noticed that blind was asking others about if they're the tracker and I thought he was either PR hunting as wolf or trying to see if someone would CC him as Tracker.
His frustration with the Charu/DBP segment also confused me more than anything because I expected town to be hyped at the idea of finding people lying to them with "not being red checked" and "getting blocked".

I seriously thought it was because he really didn't want others to see his game like a W/W scenario with Charu.
On the off chance that Blind was Tracker, I ended up softing that I could be the Tracker to a few players by saying things that doesn't make sense as a VT, but I didn't seriously expect it to work.

I also had DBP as town because I thought it would be too ridiculous for DBP to be a wolf in the Charu/Blind W/W universe.
Anyway, that's where I was during the Charu/Blind phase. (not a good spot rofl)