View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
Callipygian
Senior FFR citizen
FFR Veteran

Default general complaints and goodbye

I have tried everything that anyone has ever suggested to improve ffr flash performance: closing other processes, switching browsers, setting quality to low, optimizing windows 7 visual performance, allowing unlimited flash memory storage, disabling hardware acceleration, restarting browser, running differenr engines, running different resolutions, using the simple version, using standalone, using flash 9, 10, 11 and everything up, closing all other browser windows etc etc and I can still only play on 30 fps and the game lags 99% of the time or has a very bad choppy and glitchy look, even though I have a recent computer on which every other game, including flash games, run well.

On top of that, the combo-fetishist scoring system is rage-inducing and off-putting. The game seems to be designed to promote mashing, unless you program yourself to completely ignore any game incentive towards combo scoring. I know I'm not the only one with these complaints and I hope that better flash performance, especially in the R3 engine, and a change from total to raw score ranking and tier systems will be considered for the future.

For now, FFR simply isn't worth my time anymore and I'll stick to SM. I'll probably keep lurking on these forums, but other than that, it's goodbye from me.