Thread: D8 Deb8
View Single Post
Old 08-4-2019, 04:06 PM   #15
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: D8 Deb8

It honestly feels weird to make what I would consider a serious change to the structure so close to a tournament after sign ups have started, but if D7 likes the split and it's as easy as a few clicks to do then do it and worry about working everything else out afterwards

Honestly, just having a D8 where the obvious players are in and then making the cutoff obtaining like 8/10 of the AAAs they have in level 106+s or whatever would probably do in the sense that we're recognizing these players as better then the rest of D7, and anyone getting into D8 needs to just have the scores we see from them now. Cut and dry, easily defined, doneski.

~

I'm almost tempted to suggest we should redefined every division and make D1- D10, but that's something to do well after the tournament. I get that with prizes and rewards already in place that's unappealing but when IIDX outgrew it's rating system it got a better system so that should be considered.

But again, after this tournament.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote