View Single Post
Old 10-3-2019, 05:26 PM   #19
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2019 September/October Set 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown View Post
On a side note I noticed a few missed jumps on 57.915s (4x repetitions) and 67.160s (2x repetitions). I believe those translate to m27 beat 1 and m31 beat 2.
I can add a jump at the start of the jacks at 103.739s (m48 beat 3) + repetitions as well.
I didn't even notice that but I agree with your take. Would be good to add stuff at those spots. Looks like they're mostly green notes. Jump at the beginning of some of those jacks are fine too.

As for the hands thing. It's not a huge concern and it is personal opinion of someone who hasn't done this in a long time. Even as is, this is a great file to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
We chose to not layer some 32nd kicks in those stream sections to keep the difficulty curve nice and consistent and focus on the melodic (32nd) elements. Would prefer to keep it that way unless it's a hard reject.
I don't think any difficulty consistency would be lost in adding some 32nds. They're already all over the place. I can see the VERY SLIGHT difference in where you put the 32nds vs where you intentionally missed them. I can pass it as is, but I do think they should be added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshiram View Post
Rebirth gave me a 9 holy shit am I dreaming

It took me a few listens for those m30 minijacks but I definitely agree there. If that's the case I'm hearing a similar sound on m34 that might deserve minijacks (note 122.000-123.000 and note 138.000-139.000??) Also went ahead and changed the longjack on m49 to a pair of two-noters as suggested

I see what you're talking about with the part at m34 beat 3 (starting at 55.884). It is ok as is but I would not object if you wanted mini jacks there. It is technically correct to add them. Really I'm sure you could get away with adding more mini jacks all over the song but that might be a bit too much. Not sure how everyone feels about jacks nowadays.

Last edited by Rebirth0; 10-3-2019 at 05:57 PM..