Old 11-6-2017, 12:06 AM   #9
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: not a single review done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraezymann View Post
sayCeT - "Through the Window"
looked up all three of the artists on rym just to look at genres, went with this one since it said that sayCeT produces idm !!!

so the first track, 15, hits and I'm kinda excited for the rest of the album. glitchy goodness and the synths he uses are cute. unfortunately, the second track, and quite a few tracks actually, encorporate vocals. I'm not against music with singing in general, but when it comes to glitchy, idm-esque albums, I'm not too fond of them. I personally think they detract from the glitchy aesthetics. using vocals, a listener is automatically gonna be focusing on them, and everything else just ends up being... well, background music? that probably sounds demeaning or something, but that's just how it is. it also doesn't help that the girl singing on a majority of the tracks doesn't have a particularly standout voice. which is fine I suppose, but eh.
now, I will say, that in the sections on tracks that use vocals as samples, those are the more interesting bits. the breathy ambient vocals in Easy, Opal, Sunday Morning, are all more interesting than the sung parts of other tracks.
his synth patches are what ultimately end up being the best thing about the album; a lot of the synths have a wintery (frosty?) feeling to them. Daddy Walks Under The Snow was a pretty great track, probably the coolest (literally) track on the album.

this one ended up sounding a lot like edm/chillwave stuff with a bit more emphasis on glitch. it was an alright listen! there's one review on rym for this album, and I think I'd agree. the singing isn't anything to write home about, but it's a gentle breath of fresh(mint) air.

3/5
choof is offline   Reply With Quote