View Single Post
Old 07-9-2018, 02:53 PM   #57
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Entropy Gain for per-receptor NPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanky! View Post
I don't like difficulty being "one value".
It should vary in magnitude throughout the song, and be different kinds of difficulty.

Like, how do scores change if you're only slightly less good at hitting something than another player. Difficulty might not be that well, but if it means the difference between AAA'ing and good-rushing a difficult jumpstream, then the scores are highly sensitive to skill. Maybe that's a good measure? Change in score vs. change in skill in a certain direction? Dunno. Thoughts aren't fleshed out at all. Just food for thought.
Could you elaborate on that bold part please ? I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for.

Also here's another idea, but I haven't found a way to make it fully non-trivial yet:
I can take the nps at every frame of a file (kinda like the nps generator), and figure out how long the file stays around its max nps. The only problem with that is I can't just put a random threshold like "time during which nps is at most 2nps away from max nps" or "time during which nps is higher than 95% of the max nps". Thoughts ?
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote