View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 06:35 PM   #17
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude
Default Re: american politcs

so i'm reading this book called 'the dictator's handbook' (i highly recommend it honestly) and what it surmised is the extent of which you, as a leader, whether autocratic or democratic, need to pay-off your essential party in order to stay in power for as long as possible. 'pay-off' is colloquially referred to any sort of private incentive for your essential party, that is, the central leg of your pillar required to hold your seat in office. the book breaks down political rule into 3 basic groups of 'interchangeables', 'influentials', and 'essentials'. relatively self-explanatory in name. in america, the interchangeables are your regular voters like you or I that have relatively no say; the influentials being the electorate college; and 'essentials' being key swing-states, lobbied groups, and various other private entitities that you require to stay in power (e.g. oil, banks, congress[wo]men, etc., depending on your political affiliation ofc)

as far as a democratic republic that runs the US, the for-and-against arguments against immigration is two distinctly opposed views, NOT due to morale and ethical judgement (but a lot of SJWs really like to harp on this just like everything else) but merely come down to 'who will these immigrants vote for?' obviously it will be thoroughly a Democratic-swayed vote, but it isn't inherently because democrats in office feel it's for the 'good of the majority' no; it's because they'll get more votes in their gerrymandered district.

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote