Thread: Tales From Work
View Single Post
Old 09-1-2016, 07:11 PM   #29
TheThong
♩♪♫♬♭♮♯
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to TheThong
Default Re: Tales From Work

Omg Charu. Kill the bitch. I would've been so annoyed at the last comment haha.

I had patient recently who came in due to being sexually inappropriate and aggressive / violent towards staff. Not a huge story, he was very entertaining on my shift actually. Was eating the gloves, made a bandana out of the gloves, turned his top into a 'bra top' and would folded everything in the room.

I'll tell you guys about when I used to work at a restaurant as well. I was the manager for the morning shift, myself and another staff member had to prepare for the day. Usually we leave the front door locked, cos we get so many customers coming in that think we're open.

So we open at 11am, and it's only 10.30am. At this stage, most things have been prepared but we have no money in the til, so I'm just about to go to the bank. This man walks in as I tell him we open at 11.

He proceeds to say, 'can't I just order now?'

I reply, 'sorry, we don't have any money in the til and are still preparing for the day. We open in half an hour if you would like to come back then?'

He continues to question (multiple x) why he can't order and I repeat the same answer. (In my head I'm thinking, Omg this is wasting my time I'd probably be done with prep by now). When he finally goes, I go to the bank.

It is now 1040am, and it takes 15 minutes from waiting in line to getting the money sorted. When I get back to the restaurant, it's 1055am. My other colleague tells me the same guy came back at 1050 and demanded that she serve him, while she tells him there's no money in the till and that we aren't open, storms out.

Anyway, he didn't come back at proper opening time.

The next day, my regional manager comes in to work with me and tells me I received a customer complaint! (this is my first one btw).

The email basically said that I was rude, treated him like a dog, and kicked him out the restaurant. Wtf.

Last edited by TheThong; 09-1-2016 at 07:54 PM..
TheThong is offline   Reply With Quote