View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 01:12 AM   #14
VisD
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Jan/Feb 2020 Set 2

Thanks for the review on Skyfire Ace. I've taken most of the suggestions (there were indeed a bunch of missing arrows etc. because I only decided to step one of the arrows in the repeating melody motif at the last minute whoops) except for:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
- 70.93-78.20s: A suggestion I've made towards other files: if possible, avoiding repeated arrows in reasonably simple layering can visually make the melody more easy to follow. The repeated arrows here aren't a chronic problem, but maybe give this a try.
The reason for doing this is to give this section some added intensity relative to the 1st half of this section. The difference is somewhat noticeable (there is a new repeating 4th melody in the 2nd half) but I don't want to just layer it in into hands, of course, so the minijacks are sort of a substitute for added layering.

Besides, at this point the file already has like ~70s of the same melodic motif leading to the same structural PR, so it's time to break that a little bit and transition into the much more intense last 1/3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah
layering in a jump at 49.46s to main melody.
This should be a jump - there's a melody note and a crash.

Last edited by VisD; 03-15-2020 at 01:17 AM..