View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 03:02 AM   #4
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: R^3 Accuracy help

Try a Global offset of 0.1 or so, and judge offset of about 0.2 and tell me what you think of that.

If you aren't sure how they work, here's the breakdown:

Global offset is how the song and arrows sync up. Moving the offset +1 on global results in the notes being shifted 1 frame later in the song than they previously were. So this should be used to get the general idea of when the music should line up with the arrows/receptors.

Judge offset is used on a smaller level, determining when you can hit the arrows. If you're seeing a lot of perfects/goods instead of amazings, you need to analyze whether you're hitting early or late more and adjust accordingly. If you seem to be hitting a bunch of early goods even though to you the receptors are "lined up" then go ahead and shift the judge offset +amount that way you "hit" those values a little earlier than the normal window, etc.

I'm headed to bed, but if you need a more detailed explanation I'm sure someone else will get to you before I'm back on. Good luck!

side note edit:
post a replay of you using the R^3 engine playing normally and someone can probably help you determine when you need to hit and what needs to be adjusted