View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 03:53 PM   #951
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 624: Music for 18 Musicians by Steve Reich (Album Choice: EzExZeRo7497)

Hey sis, how long has it been since I've reviewed something you've recommended? Just so turns out this is perfect for my studious purposes. Or at least I think it is. I KNOW I've listened to several pieces by this guy before but shit's eluding me completely. Don't live like me kids or you'll end up going from smart precocious kid to wasted potential to actually stupid now. Let's stop this before it gets too pitiful.

Okay, so the music. Well, it actually got me to focus on work for a good portion of it, so it wins on that merit. And as a seamless piece, this is amazingly hypnotic in how it uses repetition to really accent the textures of each section while sucking you into its overall headspace. Was that last sentence stupid? Did it sound like thesaurus diarrhea? I don't know because I'm a fucking moron! The brief ending piece Pulses II is a fitting cap.

Good album. Or song I guess. Back to work.

Best Track: I'm not picking that for this album
Rating: 8/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote