bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

And now about some song artists:

Quote:
44teru-k
It would be nice to find the original name of the songs. (not verified from us)
I don't understand what you're saying here. I mean, if you go here, you can find teraholic for example.

Quote:
5 OC Remixers -> OverClocked ReMix

Lover Reef : Pops/Game Remix -> Game Remix
If we're going to eventually do away with "game remix" as a legit genre, then it's probably better to stick to Pops. (As described earlier, "game remix" is pretty nondescript as a genre.)

Quote:
Toxic : Pop Remix/Metal -> Post-Hardcore
Genres labelled as "Hardcore" on FFR currently and consistently conforms to the energetic dance music that you often see Spitfire stepping. Wouldn't be a good idea to put a different definition to "Hardcore", so maybe call it something else.

Quote:
A. Dvorak -> Antonín Dvořák
I would love to include proper accents and such, but unfortunately the font that the game uses doesn't recognize them.

Quote:
Antinomie
So apparently, he calls himself Nemystic now. Should it be changed ?
Songs that he made after he changed his name should be used under Nemystic, but otherwise the songs before that should be credited as by Antinomie. If you can find out when this happened, that would be great (shouldn't matter much for now because no new Antinomie songs have been stepped ever since).

Quote:
Delta Beat (0 Vector Mix) -> Delta Δ Beat (0 Vector Mix)
Can't support Δ and other weird symbols, in addition to accented letters as mentioned above.

Quote:
BACO
Link : http://www3.pf-x.net/~boxism-8500/index.php
Having connection trouble with his website.
Works fine on my end. Anyone else?

Quote:
Basshunter
Ieva's Polka (Basshunter Remix) : Handz Up -> Polka Remix
Ehhh, not sure. Note that song remixes don't have to go by a genre like "_____ Remix".

Quote:
BELUGA
Link : https://soundcloud.com/eguchi_t
Dunno about the site linking right now. Not sure if my infos are accurate either.
Other than the sole song on FFR occurring from a BMS of Fighters contest, BELUGA is really a pseudonym for the artist eoll, who is pretty prominent in the BMS music scene. I recall coming across his muzie page long ago (now a dead link). Eoll is also one of two artists (the other being takdrive) that comprise the group Modulation Spin, which on FFR currently features the songs "morning grory" and "Another day".

I can't seem to find a definitive link for this artist, now that the muzie page is gone.

Quote:
CAPTAIN JACK (GRANDALE REMIX) -> Captain Jack remixed by K.O.G
In this case I think it's a little too specific, since even on DDR it never was attributed as such (in which case I'm sticking with what has already been labelled).

Quote:
championanwar -> Anwar Louis
In these instances where the artist is an FFR user as well, ask how he or she would like to be referred to by: username or another artist title of his/her choice?

Quote:
Constructor~
Who is this ? And what's the original name of the song ?
If it's translated, the name of the song might be Beyond the Summer Sky ~Maid to Order~.
See here for more info (the URL link on that page leads to the artist page that is currently set on FFR).

The artist is こんすとらくたぁ~, which, as jimerax told me, is translated to Constructor~. And about the capitalization issue, again, you don't know that (refer to my first post).

Last edited by bmah; 01-1-2013 at 11:42 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote