View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #2686
LongGone
-
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: osu! — Rhythm is just a click away!

Comparing osu to other rhythm games with similar scoreboard ranking systems I realise that all these tend (?) to happen just because of how convenient osu is
-Scoreboard updates real time
-Easy to see whos online and what they are playing
-Being notified of lost rank #1s
-Able to see someone's new rank #1s
-In game spec/pm/chat/activity
-osu!direct, you can immediately download a map you don't have when speccing someone
-Toooooo many ranked songs ingame, the best players can't afford to whore unbeatable scores for every single song
~and indirectly affecting all these, that the drama is happening among players of similar skill levels

I don't play osu (..much) so I don't have much say and won't feel what people here goes through but yes; it feels bad when someone you know sups your score right after you play it. However, do we have the right to tell him/her not to play the map? Is he specifically targeting you or just randomly playing songs? Where do we draw the fine line? We have drama like this in any game practically but why so much in the 135 pages of this thread? Everytime I enter this thread I feel its like me entering a shop full of delicate China porcelain while carrying a hugeass rucksack with a pole sticking out

No I'm not trying to come in with the holier-than-thou attitude; I've done the same things before (and may still do it, though unintentionally) but, again why so much conflict specifically in this thread? It seems like some vicious cycle now. This post won't fix things, but I'd like to know more why all this is happening

Though I guess at the end of the day, it seems like how each individual perceives things. Just try to enjoy the game..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
people age at a rate of about 1 year per year
LongGone is offline   Reply With Quote