View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #242
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I thought about mass claiming while at work yesterday but since we can't tell what roles are possible that only benefits wolves.

I thought about just claiming if you asked for a role or not. Wolves probably already have an idea since their roles are affected by how many of us ask to be blue so that information probably benefits town a little more---but in the event only 2 of us asked that straight up tells the wolves who's the strongest and who to kill so I don't really favor this plan either.

I think if town ever does claim anything it's after some tangible effects happen.
So unless I'm blind, no one has talked about this post much, and we really should. Because this is a dumbtell, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
During twilight and every night phase, you may also guess the total number of human blue roles and attempt to sabotage them. If you guess correctly, you will sabotage half of the human's blue roles, and you will steal one human blue role. If you guess within +-1, you will sabotage one blue role.
MML seems to be advocating for stating claims, and doing so would be potentially catastrophic. Obviously the wolves themselves would be aware of their own powers--so the question is whether the dumbtell is genuine or calculated. Given that roundbox sort of alluded to the sabotage issue in his prisoner's dilemma post, and MML apparently rolled right through that, I'm inclined to believe it's genuine and therefore exculpatory. MML's follow-up post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Didn't see that second Roundbox post. That's quite the padded post you got there.

I think it's absolutely best if we keep mum on it for now, possibly for most of the game.
Seems to be more or less in line with that mode of thinking; it seems to be kind of an "Oh, I see."

Having said that, I also STRONGLY disagree with the idea of only announcing info given observable effects. Any blue roles expire at the end of each phase, and everyone can request a role/non-role again that same night. Thus, one's green or blue status is not fixed, and a roleclaim the next day doesn't make a player any more likely to be targeted in the future, since all roles are fluid.

Therefore, anyone and everyone that has a role should absolutely claim what they did the next day--it provides information without enabling wolf sabotage (since the next set of requests would have already been made) or making the claimant a more likely target.