View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #3227
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
well my general view is any game you buy a stack item in and win is a game you would have won regardless (and the gold you put into a stack item would have almost invariably been better invested in building toward a t3 item)
You're definitely right about the first point. The second point is also true, though you can achieve a higher DPS faster with a stack item if you're getting fed.

I was saying what I said mostly in jest; obviously it's a ridiculous scenario where I got fed and stomped a bunch of people that shouldn't have been matched against me.

I completely agree with you overall. Stacks are generally really retarded.

Quote:
Even at full stacks that occult is only getting you 100 AD. You might as well go for another BT instead, imo. I mean if you're stomping that badly, you have the money, right?
occult is way cheaper. In that scenario it's significantly more optimal time wise to go occult -> BT because you can get occult really quickly and start stacking it right away.

Try it in bots if this doesn't make sense. You'll break 300 AD way faster with occult -> BT than BT -> occult (It gets a bit stupid, actually. If you stack them fast enough with the first build you can just 2 shot all of the bots and start farming pentas. Mildly amusing, though)

But uh yeah, it's just a stupid scenario where I was duoing with someone that wasn't very good and we got matched against people I could beat in my sleep. I went like 30-0 or something.

Last edited by Reach; 03-14-2012 at 06:38 PM..