View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 11:29 PM   #26
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: hello allow me to introduce to u my Wife

oops almost not making my own self assigned deadline (haha i did by 5 minutes but you'll never know based on the post time)

public alpha 0.33
https://www.mediafire.com/?1fv8zouwu5atvij

too many changes to do a detailed list in a reasonable amount of time, i'll just list out the major ones

- numerous bug fixes most notably the eval screen bombing bug which the above poster experienced, player config system is now unborked for the first time since feb as well
- point tables will now scale to your current judge value, the dp calculated under my system will still vary from dp calculated by the existing scoreboard system by up to as much as 0.1% due to rounding, HOWEVER
- the ms data is now being saved out to 4 digits (after conversion to MS, so, 180.1424 ms, etc) rather than rounded to nearest integer, such that there are multiple redundant ways with which to resolve the above discrepancies, if people care, which they shouldnt. Also it's just nice to preserve the original datasets with only inconsequential losses of resolution.
- went through and resolved various miscellaneous theme errors
- waifu ms curve variant added
- continued to undo damage i did in the original version of transcendence
- continued to gut bloat and other features in various areas
- nearly everything related to animating judgment text, combo label and combo number has been completely trashed. So if you want to make your judgment text give the middle finger to the combo label as it moons the combo number while getting a reacharound from a 3d noteskin, use a different theme.

** Things are not set up to be easily customizable yet.. u were warned....**
- rewrote nearly all of the gameplay screen scripts ranging from fully to mostly to better optimize them for performance. Old scripts are still there they just aren't loaded by screengameplay overlay/default.lua (same thing for underlay), a couple of them are still in use as I haven't finished writing my own implementations yet. You cant really mix and match yet since a few of my scripts are interdependent at the moment and need reorganization (*** TURNING OFF THE ERROR BAR WILL BREAK THE OFFSET SAVING SYSTEM AND THE JUDGECOUNT. YES I KNOW THIS IS DUMB.***). Newbpmdisplay is dependent on newprogressbar. The scoretracking system used to calculate +- offsets from AA are still the old system and the old scoretracking script is still enabled, which taxes performance significantly. Left them enabled becasue I assume most people want it and the performance issue versus how long it'll take me to finish my own implementation is not significant, however if it is a concern you can disable it a the cost of losing the indicator.
- fixed the bug with the chart key script that breaks when reading .ssc files. It'll now default to .sm files, this is because the logic in the pattern matching used in the file parser for .sm files breaks when reading .ssc files. You know, the file format that remains nearly completely unchanged from .sm files only somehow manages to fuck up this because they felt like moving shit around willy nilly. Real good.

Bottom line is pretty much everything that was updating and doing calculations every frame now only does so when it actually needs to update. The previous system allowed for higher levels of independence for features however negatively impacted performance significantly. Avg fps for me using d3d and xwidgets custom build increased by about 100 with nearly the exact same features enabled displaying the same information. Not sure what it will be like on opengl.

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 08-25-2016 at 11:58 PM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote