Thread: FFR Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 01-2-2012, 06:33 PM   #1655
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!
Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man is awesome View Post

a) FFR Game Veteran - Achieve a Grandtotal Score of at least 10 Billion, have at least 10,000 games played, have at least 75% of songs FC'd, and 50% of songs AAA'd.

10 billion is a little high, but to fit the "veteran" feel I suppose it's alright. This one will be subjective for sure, but I think the FC/AAA %s are bit high.

b) FFR Forum Veteran - Have at least 1,500 Forum Posts and at least 250 +1's to your posts (combinable, and I'll explain this later).

The +1 idea might be okay, but validating each +1 would be tiresome as you explained below. We have so many members that it'd be disgusting to have to wade through all of the approvals. vBulletin has a reputation feature, but it might be spammed by trolls. Negative reputations can be removed by moderators/admins though, so it could be feasible.

c) FFR Site Veteran - Be a member of FFR for at least Five Years, and have Forum Veteran and Game Veteran Status (Replaces both with this.)

Seeing as the site has been up for over 10 years, I suppose 5 years is an okay benchmark. However, a good chunk of the current userbase is from late 2007 onward. They'll have to wait then, so this could be good.

d) FFR Elite Supporter - Be credited for at least 3(maybe 5?) different ideas to update the site that were achieved OR be credited for appearing at an FFR Meetup, and have FFR Site Veteran status (Replaces)

I don't really like this one. You don't have to volunteer your input when being on this site, and while it's certainly helpful to the staff, you shouldn't have to expect any huge commendation other than a "thanks" from the staff and adding your idea(s) to the site. As for the appearance at a meetup, this may be subjective but many people cannot make it to events such as FFR meetups because of location, so it makes this title sort of elitist.

Overall, these are okay levels, other than the last one which I don't agree with. The names could use some work as well, but this seems like it'd be a feasible idea if the community wanted to split veteran status into levels.
My responses in bold.

Last edited by Netjet!; 01-2-2012 at 06:47 PM..
Netjet! is offline   Reply With Quote