View Single Post
Old 10-5-2011, 08:37 PM   #1233
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix
Default Re: League of Legends

Like Chaz said having the biggest damage output doesn't make you such a big deal to your team. With the right teamwork and etc it can be. Imo it's all about your survivability, not entirely 100% doing the most damage. I was playing as Riven earlier, followed something similar to an Irelia/Jarvan build. They were heavy AD so I went with Shurelya's Reverie, Mercury Treads, Bloodthirster, Randuin's Omen, Atma's Impaler, and a Thornmail. AD 70% reduced damage, AP 32% reduced damage. Plus I had a Philosopher's Stone and a heart of gold most of the match, meaning a lot of gold.

Circumstances matter a lot in LoL imo, if their team is heavier AD than AP and their AD carry is fed (like the game I was in) then making a build heavy on resisting AD is a good idea. Silences, stuns, etc are amazing against a team b/c it can pretty make someone who usually does huge damage completely useless (ie, fighting a Malz who was fed and having a Cho'Gath silence him before engaging) since in this game it can literally take 5 to 10 seconds for someone to get taken out if they're focused. As long as they're not a tank