Old 06-25-2015, 08:56 PM   #2010
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to justaguy
Default Re: League of Legends [v2]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Honestly after looking at the screenshots of the League clones being made in the Dota engine, I have absolutely no doubt that League on Dota will run and look better than the actual game

League's code is a pile of shit and the client is a shit cherry on top of that pile of shit

If it weren't for sunk cost (of learning all-new abilities and meta) and ties to my friends on LoL, I would probably be playing Dota 2
the adjustment really isn't all that taxing. a good friend of mine who was a diamond league player switched to dota roughly 10 months ago and he's adjusted just fine to like ~4k mmr. i understand the barrier to entry is pretty meh, but honestly you'll be a lot more rewarded by the game. to be frank, league being what it is is just a product of good marketing; all their tournaments are marketing for riot because they're exclusively run by riot. the company leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and valve makes nothing but the best decisions with regard to community input and gameplay. not to mention they've developed a MASSIVE economy with cosmetics. i doubt league will ever dissolve, but i do think the feedback loop in dota is so much better suited for the style of game.

think about it though: valve has already done such a stellar job incorporating the community by outsourcing the workshop (skins etc), and now they're making custom games? dota was BRED out of a custom game. i can't stress enough that source 2 + custom games will change the face of mobas. you now have far more people with access to developing maps and spinoffs of the current game, and possibly establishing grounds for an entirely different competitive. and then there's the international, where crowdsourcing has led to an additional $13 MILLION.l valve has it right, period. whether you prefer league of legends or not, they will eventually be overshadowed unless "league of legends 2" somehow blows everything out of the water. we shall see, but it's never too late to switch.