View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #32
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Survey: Define "good" music.

keystrokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
0. What is/are your favorite genre(s)?
IDM, Experimental Electronic, Chillax Beats, Ambient, Classical, VGM, Hardcore, Jazz, Breakbeat, D'n'B

1a. What do you consider good music, either in general or in concrete examples?
Any music that makes me forget everything that goes on in my life for as long as the music is playing

For reference, Terminal 11 and TOKiMONSTA are my favourite artists of all time...

1b. How about bad music?
I'd listen to everything tbh, but some songs/genres are just a no go for me (e.g. everything that's mainstream ...)

2. Are you biased against some genres because of the fans they tend to attract?
No

5. Do you think you have good taste in music?
I'm 95% percent sure my music taste is extremely unique, but not bad at all

8. Do you consider your choice of music part of your identity, image or public persona?
Yes, I think my music taste has a connection to my inner feelings, for example

9. Have you ever made choices in music based on what your peers might think of you? (For example, do you avoid a certain genre because your friends think it is without merit? Do you listen to genres you don't particularly like because your friends like them?, etc.)
No, I didn't, but I gotta have to add that I try not to show anyone my music player

10a. How do you feel/react when someone states an opinion contrary to yours regarding music in general?
I'd just tell him/her that everyone has their own individual music taste and that no one can influence me with his/her opinions about music. If the person doesn't understand, he/she will be forever stupid in my eyes

12. Who influences your choice of music most? How do you find new music? Through which channels? Through advertising/word of mouth/YouTube/reviews/other?
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSnaaf <- pretty much where I get most of my music and get to know artists

As for the past: FFR, Stepmania and DDR

13a. Have your tastes or preferences changed over time?
...ever since I started playing FFR it changed from your usual mainstream music taste to what I listen to now

14. Anything you'd like to add on this subject? Any other questions you wish I'd posed?
In my eyes, you can use music to interprete someone's feelings and to get rid of stress, worries, etc. for a few moments

Last edited by Xayphon; 03-14-2012 at 03:29 PM..
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote