View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #39
mewtikz
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What are you improving right now

Alright, here comes a big dump.

Want to improve:

- My drive to do anything "useful". I used to love programming but now I only do it if it's a task assigned to me.

- Doing the things that I should be doing for a better future but failing to do every time out of laziness. Often I get asked "why don't you do x?", I usually say "I know I should!" That's because I do know that it's a good idea, but whenever it comes down to it, I never feel like doing anything when I get home. For example, like that time when I could have had an internship. It was the proper course of action because it would have made me a very employable candidate for whatever job I end up with, but I didn't feel like writing a resume and so I convinced myself that I was under-qualified (I wasn't) and I wouldn't have gotten in (I would've). That's in the past, I'll do it better next time I have the opportunity

Currently improving:

- My weight, I'm considered "underweight" on most charts I see on google.

- My sleep schedule. It's a work in progress but I'd like to try waking up on an actual schedule. Getting off my phone at least an hour before bed is supposed to help but I'm having trouble sticking to it. No, I don't need to see garbage on reddit before I sleep. Sleep is very important, but instant gratification wins, apparently.

Improved:

- My FFR skill, and I'm still getting better!

- My social life. Being friends with people and hanging out with them weekly is better than having friends on nodding terms. This aspect of me saw improvement as early as: the minute I stepped my foot on a college campus, but it's been continually growing and has had, by far, the biggest improvement in 2018!

- My face. I have had mild acne for a while and with a change of habits and a better diet, it's finally starting to clear up. I think the most noticeable impact was after a not eating over 150g of sugar like 4-5 days per week. It's not sustainable. >‿<

- My anxiety; during this summer I began to do some introspection (out of boredom), and the way I was analyzing my situation ended up causing a few panic attacks. I'm not exactly sure what's changed but I have a different perspective on things now, I guess I told myself that the anxiety is very temporary, as all emotions are, and I can approach each problem separately instead of focusing on them all at once. It seemed to come up out of the blue as I had never experienced anything quite like it before, and it disappeared just as fast (still, that month was hell). Maybe it'll pop back up again at some later time.
mewtikz is offline   Reply With Quote