View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 11:10 PM   #32
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: What are you improving right now

- legitimately believe I have value in some form.

- overcame pathological focus on sex and finally recognized it for what it was. no longer care about sex as an end to itself.

- reduced time wasted by masturbating; now treat masturbating like speedrunning.

- no longer care about body image as much. still care about fitness from a health POV.

- work on my self-concept; I identified for a long time as "an asshole" because I didn't have the vocabulary to express something like "I care more about minimizing falsehood than about being polite." I don't think I am actually an asshole, in fact I disagree with the whole moral framing of the word.

since I am adhd and also have non-24 hour sleep patterns (i.e. my body has tremendous amounts of energy and has always preferred to go to bed much later even as early as age 7), the following relate to that:

- realizing that if I can see calorie totals as a number that I just follow procedurally, I can see the time I go to bed this way as well, and use sleep aids to do this.

- valuing completion, or finishing a thing, as a virtue in and of itself.

- valuing normal adult responsibilities that I have been able to get out of in the past.

- appreciating the value of routine, even if it's silly.

- going out of my way to help other people and maintain relationships, mail out presents, be thoughtful, etc.

- appreciate simple pleasures in life, like diet pepsi and air conditioning.

not exhaustive, but good enough.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote