Default Re: I want to make another pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
bad dad rad dad

U gotta collab with me on an xmod file for my mini pack tho for reel
absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty rhino
I'm telling you what players are going to want.
This isn't really catering to "players" if you mean the general mass of players. I'm also not going to call it stepmania pack 2017 lmao it's just a dump name placeholder.

You could call it a sort of nostalgic pack adhering to values that are outdated, that's fine. This pack is aimed at the people who still don't mind popping sm up once in a while that grew up playing the types of files we used to do, and often still enjoy. I still think battle with saruin is one of the best files of all time, but a lot of people today would probably call it boring.

"dumps" as you call them isn't what we used to call dumps. midare files wouldn't compare I don't think. People have gotten stupid good at the game and consistently push the boundaries of difficulty. They're just not what I'm looking for atm, even if they're technically accurate or cater to the majority of expert players on here.

It's perhaps more of a pack aimed at simfile artists. The technical aspects of files we've perfected over the years is admired for its structure and visual impact. You can accuse it of being a "purist" pack but conforming to today's standards of dump files is no different. A lot of what we did in our simfiles grew up side by side with ITG simfile artists (often doing both kb and pad) and it was surprisingly inclusive of different styles of stepping.

Last edited by kommisar; 12-9-2016 at 02:54 PM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote