View Single Post
Old 05-2-2007, 10:14 AM   #17
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda
Default Re: Should the government stop abortions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstrike0159 View Post
Well sure there should be some special exception put in place for such a tragedy but even then it should be taken care of immediately or otherwise it was her decision to put it off in which consequences should be endured.
I am pretty sure this wins Ignorant Statement of the Century.

Being raped is humiliating. No one jumps up immediately after the rapist is gone and announces, "Well, I've been raped, I guess I'd better get myself to the hospital for an uncomfortable, invasive procedure that will only prolong my humiliation." Probably more than thousands of rapes go unreported because the assault the woman has just endured is so humiliating she'd really rather just crawl in a hole and die than let anyone know what just happened to her. So if that woman just takes a shower and tries to put her life back together on her own, and then a few weeks later realizes she hasn't had a period, she's just stuck with this little "parting gift"?

And what of the situation of date rape? At a seminar I attended, the speaker told a story of getting way too drunk and allowing some boy to take her home, and then not remembering anything beyond that until the next morning when he left. She wasn't even sure they'd had sex until she discovered she was pregnant. You can't exactly terminate a pregnancy you don't know about.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote